Isolation in the Homestay.
Please ensure the following procedures are implemented for your family and any student who is in Isolation in your home.
Your Student in Isolation is not allowed to leave your home for 2 weeks for any reason. Please ensure that they understand this.
2. Teach your student and family members to cough into their elbow or into a tissue at all times or
3. Teach your student and other family members to wear tee shirts so as when they need to suddenly cough or sneeze then can pull their tee shirt forward and cough onto their chest.
4. All tissues should be disposed in a container near the back or front of the home for easy frequent disposal.
5. Keep two pairs of shoes at the front or back door. Specify which shoes for inside and which shoes for outside use only.
6. Teach your student and other family members to wear a face mask and plastic disposable gloves when they are outside the home.
Disposable gloves to be left in a bin at the front door and the mask left at the front door if it is to be reused.
7. All hard floors to be cleaned frequently with disinfectant.
8. Teach your student and other family members to wash their hands (using alcohol-based hand sanitisers) when they wake up in the morning, before and after eating,
before and after going to the toilet.
9. When a Host bringing bags of groceries to the home, the Host is to leave the bags at the front door to be disposed of and transfer the food to different containers
which have not been outside of the home.
Teach your student and other family members to wipe down their mobile phone, headphones, lap top etc (using alcohol-based hand sanitisers) every day.
Teach your student and other family members to frequently wipe down all hard surfaces with disinfectant including door handles, taps, benches, tables, chairs, TV remote etc.
Allow daily washing of clothes as necessary.
All member of the home to have their separate towels and wash clothes.
If you home has a ducted heating/cooling system – try to avoid use as the air from one room can be transferred to another.
Teach your student and other family members to advise you immediately if they feel unwell. If your student is unwell, contact Homestay Australia who will contact the student's school.
We will advise you of what the next procedure is. Either the student needs to be taken by you to a local doctor or the student will need to visit the nurse at their school preferably by Taxi.